Christ Lutheran Church at a Glance
The Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church of Orland Park was founded on September 16, 1888, with services conducted in homes and the village school. The growing congregation had its first house of worship built at 143rd Street and West Avenue; it was dedicated to the Lord in February, 1898. With plans laid for the future growth of the church, our current site was dedicated in October, 1962, with construction of the new building completed in September, 1971. Additional classroom and office spaces were built in 1991 and 2006.
Our Mission: Reaching Out and Reaching In by Reaching Up